Welcome to the EMI-GURU web site...
Interference problems? Signal integrity issues? Just failed an EMI test? Or just trying to stay ahead of the game?
- Find solutions here to your EMI/EMC problems -- training, consulting, books, articles, and more!
- Celebrating 28 years as full time EMC consulting engineers... THANK YOU for your business!)
Regret to report that BILL KIMMEL PASSED AWAY April 29, 2015 of pancreatic cancer. More details - click here.
WINTER 2016 Kimmel Gerke Bullets (KGB) Now Available - Click Here
Please Note - This is the LAST HARD COPY KGB - Future versions will be E-Mail Only
If you receive the KGB by Snail-Mail and wish to receive future KGBs, please E-email Daryl
AN UPDATE FROM KIMMEL GERKE ASSOCIATES... What Next? (October 2015)
Bill Kimmel's passing was a grim reminder that life is not infinite. So I've been reassessing what to do next. It has been a rough year - Bill and I were good friends and business partners for almost 40 years. I miss him every day.
But life goes on. Here are some current plans:
Kimmel Gerke Associates...
Decrease the consulting, but stay involved with EMC training. I really enjoy EMC training, and it gives the most bang for the buck for helping others. More effective to work with ten or twenty at a time than just one or two.
Efforts are underway to hand off new consulting projects to select colleagues. The objectives are to support our clients, while helping other EMC consultants. (Contact me for more info.)
My training goal is to limit classes to no more than one a month. Just got back from a class -- more scheduled.
Recently added the EMC in Military Systems class (partnered with the Applied Technology Institute), along with the popular Design for EMC class (partnered with Tektronix for over 20 years). Both available public and in-house.
Started a blog (www.jumptoconsulting.com) on consulting five years ago as a creative outlet. The blog now has over 150 posts. Also presented short tutorials on consulting, and helped several make their own JumpToConsulting.
All very satisfying. Efforts are underway to increase this activity -- post more, and develop an on-line class. An introductory e-book is on the wish list, along with some magazine articles.
Still considering the book I’ve always promised myself to write. After a couple of EMC books, I don’t need it for the ego boost, but it would be fun to do.
Goof off more and enjoy life. Play with the dog and hit the road in the RV. Read more books. Thanks to the consulting business, I no longer need to work. Not bragging — just grateful for my success in the wacky world of EMC.
It has been great fun, and I've enjoyed meeting and helping so many people -- a sentiment that Bill also shared.
Thanks to all for your kindness in this difficult time. You've made this business worthwhile.
Daryl Gerke, PE - Kimmel Gerke Associates Ltd.
SEMINARS - Upcoming EMC seminars currently planned for 2015
- EMC in Military Systems MD - March 8-9-10, 2016
- Design for EMC/Signal Integrity - TBD
WEBINARS - Nothing currently scheduled. Future topics under consideration:
- EMC Design in Medical Devices
- EMC Design in Power Supplies
- EMC Design Reviews for Printed Circuit Boards
- EMC and the Mysteries of Grounding
- EMC Systems Engineering
All topics have been presented at past IEEE functions. Check back for details. Better yet, sign up for our newsletter.
ON-LINE STORE -ORDER three books and pay with Paypal.
- EDN Designer's Guide to EMC (PDF, written and now published by Kimmel Gerke Associates)
- EMI Suppression Handbook (PDF, ten years worth of columns in Electronic News Report)
- EMC in Medical Devices (Hard cover, written by KGA and published by CRC Press)
RESOURCES - Access these FREE resources.
- Bibliography section. Recommended books and more.
- All KGB newsletters (back to 1989) now in PDF.
CURIOUS ABOUT CONSULTING? Visit Daryl's blog at JumpToConsulting (Over 150 posts...)
RECENTLY PUBLISHED ARTICLES by Kimmel Gerke Associates Ltd.
- EMC Design Reviews: Some Lessons From Our Careers, In-Compliance Magazine, August 2015
- EMI and Signal Integrity: How to address both in PCB Design, In-Complaince Magazine, January 2015
- Prepping for EMI Testing, In-Compliance Magazine, August 2014
- Basics of EMI Troubleshooting, In-Compliance Magazine, March 2014
- Focus on Cables & Connectors, Kimmel Gerke Bullets, Winter 2014
- Focus on Printed Circuit Board Design Reviews, Kimmel Gerke Bullets, Winter 2013
- Systems EMC in Medical Electronics, In-Complaince Magazine, September 2013
- Circuit Board Shields Grow Up, Electromagnetic News Report, January/February 2013
- Internal Layout & EMI, Electromagnetic News Report, Sept/Oct 2012
- EMC Basics #14 - Makiing Plastic Coatings Work, EE Times "Planet Analog", March 2012
- So You Are a New EMC Engineer - Now What?, In-Compliance Magazine, January 2012
- Focus on Power Disturbances, Kimmel Gerke Bullets, Winter 2011-12 (see page 2)
- EMC in Military Equipment, In-Compliance Magazine, February 2011
EE-WEB MAGAZINE Interviews
ESPRESSO-ENGINEERING-TV Video Interviews
PAYMENTS - We accept PayPal, Credit Cards (MC/VISA/AMEX), checks, or Purchase Orders, as follows:
- Publications - PayPal & Credit Cards ONLY
- Seminars - PayPal, Credit Cards, and Checks Only (Advance Payment - NO Purchase Orders)
- Services - PayPal, Credit Cards, Checks, and Purchase Orders (Advance TRAVEL DEPOSIT Required)
- Publications - Not Happy? Full Refund Within 30 Days
- Seminars - Cancellation >10 Days - Full Refund -- Cancellation < 10 Days - Refund less $250 OR Full Credit for Future Class
- Services - No refunds on consulting services
Thanks for visiting! Your comments are welcome and appreciated.
Daryl Gerke, PE - Kimmel Gerke Asociates, Ltd. - 888-EMI-GURU